I have a PhD in Oceanology since 2014, prepared in co-direction between the Université de Perpignan Via Domitia, France and the National Council for Scientific Research in Lebanon (CNRS-L), National Centre for Marine Sciences (NCMS).
My PhD thesis was entitled: Analysis and Modeling of the Acidification in the Mediterranean Sea. Check it online here: https://tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/tel-01083406v1
I'm now a researcher in the National Centre for Marine Sciences affiliated to the CNRS-L, which is a governmental research institution (http://www.cnrs.edu.lb), since April 2015.
My main scientific interests are:
- The quantification of the carbonate system in the Levantine Sea
- The estimation of anthropogenic CO2 (CANT) sequestered in the Levantine Sea
- The acidification trends in the Mediterranean Sea
- Studying the potential effects of the CANT sequestration & acidification on marine organisms, particularly on Phytoplankton populations
- Monitoring of coastal environmental conditions in the context of both climate change and ocean acidification
I'm also interested in studying the effects of global and local stressors on the coastal ecosystems, particularly in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea.
Please find more information about my professional career on: